1 Jan 2013

Happy New Year!

Add caption
Hello all,

I've arrived in Japan safely, enduring the perils of Moscow and a constant turbulence. After my arrival, I was picked up by my dear girlfriend and quickly transferred to a Highway Bus to our new residence. We passed Yokohama from an angle I'll probably won't be seeing for a while. After we've freshened up and ate something, we went on our way to meet the parents. It was pretty busy, so I didn't have a good opportunity to photograph trains, really... The only train I caught was a 7000 Type at Shinjuku station in the revival colours though. A pretty thing I once had the chance to ride in front with.


 Anyway, on our way, we had pretty packed trains, but as we drew closer to our destination, Shimodate, the trains got emptier and emptier. A quick reminder my new year's celebration would be far away from the bustling streets of the Tokyo area. The last train was a E501 Series, an interesting one, since that type is rarely seen on the Mito-line. At least, I think... At arrival, it was already dark and I didn't have much energy for pictures and stuff, so no pictures from the last day of 2012.


Today however, we had a great breakfast. A traditional one with loads of proteines and sake :) After that, we headed for the local shrine (Haguro-Jinja) for good luck wishes and a short walk through the city. On the way back I caught a 415-1000 Series in the wild. One of my favourite JR East trains. A type from the eighties, able to operate under AC and DC voltages.


Blogger isn't very good with photos, so this blog might look a bit chaotic at the moment. I'll try to resolve the problem as soon as possible!

I'm still a bit under the weather from my jetlag, so I'll let the photos speak for themselves a little.

See you later!

Toni

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sweet! love to read more of your stories

    ReplyDelete