15 Jan 2013

Tokyo and Ginza

Hello all,

Two days ago my girlfriend and I were invited by the big sister of my girlfriend to go on a 'Tabehodai' or 'all-you-can-eat' experience at a classy Brazilian barbecue restaurant in Chiyoda, Tokyo.

For those familiar with Chiyoda-ku, you know what I'm talking about. For those who don't know: a piece of land costs about ¥2,000,000 per M2, so cup of tea will easily set you back ¥800...

The restaurant was not only a very good place in the sense of style, but also in quality, and foremost, quantity. The meat was excellent and they had all kinds of vegetables that are pretty expensive or unfindable in supermarkets, like several sorts of salads, asperges and stuff like that.

Next to that, the view out of the window was something Japanese would pay for as well, since we had a view over the imperial palace. I didn't bother to take a picture though... The food and conversations took up too much of my attention.

I'm very grateful to her that she treated us to such a meal, but ungrateful to myself, because I overeaten myself for the first time. My body was in pain for an hour, but I managed to walk to Ginza somehow.

Ginza is another classy neighborhood with maybe the highest concentration of expensive venues I've seen so far. Not really my place, but sometimes you just have to indulge the senses in such merits of a commercial and materialistic oriented society. I'll write more on my thoughts on Japanese society later...

Anyway, I've made some pictures to give an impression of downtown Tokyo and Ginza.

That's all for now! The next entry will be on the rare snow of yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment