4 Feb 2013

Tokyo from above and below

Hello all,

I've been quite ill the last few days, but today I seemed to have recovered from the trots and whatnot. 't Was no fun, but I managed to pull through and live another day.

Anyway, let's forget that. 've been out and about in town with a few friends from the Netherlands, hence me visiting the two places described in this blogpost. Not two places I'd visit on my own... So, let's talk about one of the highest towers in the world! The Tokyo Sky Tree. I've been on it and hot damn, it's high! I

I'll spare you the technical details, since I presume you (the reader) is capable enough of using the Googles. If not, why are you even online? It's a high motherfucker and I think I've never been on such relative heights in a building before. You know, there are mountains I've climbed that were higher and had houses on it, making those places even higher (maybe even twice or thrice as high), but the Sky Tree is something different.

Tokyo isn't a place with many tall buildings, as you can see from the pictures, and if there are any, they are concentrated in certain areas. like Shinjuku, Tokyo-Chiyoda, etc. This makes the Sky Tree stand out from the rest of the city and makes up for a great view of the city and more!

For me, the most interesting part was, of course, checking out the railway lines that crawl around the densely packed neighbourhoods.

After the Sky Tree, we went for a lunch near the tower, since I wanted to support one of the surrounding shops, rather than having a meal in the mall of the tower itself. It was a rather splendid lunch as you can see.

During digestion, laziness struck and we took a Tobu train to Asakusa, just across the river, and visited the famous Senso-ji. You know, that temple with the massive lantern in front of it. You've probably heard of it.

Concluding our day, we went out to visit Akihabara by the hyper-modern Tsukuba-Express. Two stations for ¥200! That's damn expensive! I'll probably never use the Tsukuba-Express again...

Today no descriptions on the picture-hover-overs, since I'm in a lazy lazy mood. Plus, they pretty much speak for themselves.












No comments:

Post a Comment