4 Feb 2013

Setsubun

Hello all,

A second update today! Oh yeah! This time about the event that happened yesterday. Still recovering from my illness, my girlfriend and I went to Kashima-jinja to see the Setsubun (New Years) Celebrations. It's a very small and local temple, so the festivities were kept very small as well.

At first, there was a ceremony in the main shrine, where the young priest blessed the new year and all the invitees (mainly old geezers who gave considerable financial donations throughout the year). We were loitering around a bit and saw the number of children and parents steadily increasing.

I guess it's the same everywhere in the world where religion doesn't play much of a major role in society any more. Well, I mean, not a major part as in that the dogma isn't influencing daily life, but the traditions are kept in a modern fashion. Something like Easter.

Where I'm trying to get at is: a religious fest is always a good excuse to toss candy in the air like you just don't care! It's a time to make the kids happy and put some candy in their greedy little hands.

The weather was nice, I was high on Coca Cola and malnurishment, the atmosphere was relaxed and the air pollution wasn't too bad as well. It was a good day. A lazy Sunday.

No descriptions as well, since the pictures pretty much speak for themselves ;)

Cheers!

P.s. for those who have their worries about me: I'm doing fine now. All is well!





No comments:

Post a Comment